2016 Evil Following (XL)
CHF 3'200.- VB
Mountain Bike Of The Decade: (Forbes Magazine)Monster truck wheels with a sports car feel!
XL green Evil Following for sale. This 29” wheeled bike is truly amazing. It’s happiest on the tight forest trails where each root, rock or terrain change is an excuse to hop, jump and pump but it also does surprisingly well on steeper, rockier terrain found in the Alps. It has a relatively short amount of travel (120mm in back, 130mm in front) which makes it a blast on the trails but it rides steep gnarly terrain much better than you would expect thanks to it’s slack fork angle and low bottom bracket height. I ride the bike in the ‘low’ setting but you can also switch it to ‘high’, which steepens up the fork tube angle, making it even more lively on the trails.
1) DT Swiss 481 30mm inner-width rims (tubeless), strong but light aluminum rims.
2) RWC Needle bearing on shock mount – reduces friction compared to stock mount, which improves small-bump sensitivity resulting in a smoother ride and better grip in the corners.
3) Vorsprung Luftkappe – Installed in suspension fork, increases negative chamber volume, which increases small-bump sensitivity on the fork, resulting in a smoother ride and better grip in the corners.
4) One-up EDC tool – small multi-tool that fits in the fork steerer tube.
Things to be aware of:
There are some heavy scratches on the frame and fork but they are purely cosmetic. The bottom bracket and the rear tire should be replaced soon.
I am 193 cm and the bike is fine. Newer bikes are getting longer, so smaller riders that want a long, low, slack bike might consider this one as well (you might have to fit a shorter dropper post though).
DT Swiss 481 rims (30mm inner width) front and back mounted to original Race Face hubs
SRAM X1 11 speed shifter and derailleur (10-42 cassette)
Race Face Affect crank (170mm crank arms, 32 chain ring)
Rockshox Pike 130mm fork with Luftkappe
SRAM Guide R brakes (203mm rotors, front and back)
Race Face Affect stem (50mm) and bars (780mm)
Rocksox Reverb 170mm dropper bost.
Maxxis DHR2 2.4 WT tires front and rear.
OneUp EDC toolkit mounted in Steerer tube of fork.
Crank Brothers: Flat pedals
Spare parts included in the sale:
1) Bottom bracket.
2) Evil ‘emergency kit’ (contains a derailleur hanger and sever suspension bolts)
3) Spare chain and Power Lock quick link